A Fool's Cry: in his foosteps.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

in his foosteps.

Never dull, life is always interesting. The constant change exprienced in our daily lives can often overwhelm our senses, confusing them. We or to be more particular I, often have a difficult time differentiating the profound from the profane. I fill my mind with words spoken from the word and from others who share similar passions as myself. Yet words they remain. Just empty vessels that fail to transfom the reader. I strive for that intinimate relationship with the Lord that David had, that Brother Andrew shared, to practice the prescence of the Lord as Brother Lawerence did. Yet the Scripture that rings true is found in Matthew 7 verse 13

But small is the gate, and narrow is the path that leads to life, and few will find it.

Knowing that this passage commonly refers to eternity, yet wondering if it does not speak also to the abundant life promised to those who walk like Christ? Or perhaps it is one and the same. I don't know.

Here's what I do know that i want to follow Jesus Christ, love his bride, and to walk as Christ walked. I also know, I'm not very good at it. I know, that I can't do it on my own and when I try (because I undoubtably will) and fall on my face, God will be right beside me to pick me up.

I don't want to get consumed by the media driven, self consuming society we pawn off as our culture. I want to be in the world, but sold out and spirit filled. But the question is how? It's not like there's an equation you could follow or a recipe. But then, who really wants to follow an equation or a recipe. Wouldn't you rather follow a man, a revolutionary. Or is our Jesus no longer radical, but a mild mannered evangelical who we can encounter within the confines of our stale sunday morning routine. I hope not, because if it is, we may find out it wasn't Jesus we are following, but an insufficient caricature of ourselves.

No comments: